Position of brake disc in slot of brake caliper

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Position of brake disc in slot of brake caliper
From: Tommaso Bacigalupo <tommasob@aimnet.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 1997 10:58:46 -0800 (PST)
Hello !

1) Can anyone give me some advice regarding the position of a brake
   disc in the corresponding (brake pad) slot of the brake caliper ?
   (Midget with wire wheels and disc brakes)

   My brake discs have almost contact with the outer side of the calipers
   (in the slot).  I would assume they should be centered instead.

   This causes the one brake caliper piston to be visible all the time,
   the other is not visible.

   I do not know the reason for this, maybe the previous owner installed
   not matching wheel bearings (Maybe the bearings are wider than the normal
   ones and give the wire wheel hub an offset so that the brake disc are
   not centered any more ?).

2) Is it very difficult to disassemble the stub axle / hub ?
   Do I need special tools ?

Please give me some advice.

Thanks
  Tommaso