Winter Activities

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Winter Activities
From: miker15@juno.com
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 1997 14:22:24 EST
Thanks to some truly filthy weather in the North East for the last three
weekends
I have spent quite a bit of time tidying up the workshop and getting into
"winter jobs"
(cleaning and refurbishing all the bits of junk i picked up over the last
7-8 months.)
Some will end up on my cars and some will go to my one and only annual
vending outing - whenever and wherever that occurs next spring. I like
these sorts
of jobs, things like rebuilding quarterlights, reuphoulstering panels and
seats
and sanding and  repainting hubs and the like.
The 69 is basically a daily driver at the moment but has three major jobs
scheduled
1)installation of an overdrive which is presently in a box - two states
away
2)prep for paint - which as we all know basically means tearing apart!
3)rebuild the hard-top.( Thanks to whoever gave me "snug-tops" number the
other day
i wrote it down then the computer froze and i lost the post - whoever you
were - "I love you man!"
The 72 is the only "inactive" car right now which has more to do with not
having
a radio than anything else however it needs an engine swap which im
hoping
will happen concurrent with the 69 project and new shocks which are a
"well, while
the engines out" job along with repainting the bay.
The 70 BGT is still getting outings - and will all the time there isnt
any salt - its only
scheduled job this winter is rechromed bumpers - provided i can get the
old ones
apart (soaking for 2 months now and likely get -ground- this week!)

So as you can see - its good and busy here, add a few club meets and
Christmas parties
and before we know it We'll be off to Carlisle!! - looking forward to
seeing the heifers again!!

mike robson
a black one that was once green
a red one that is still red
a green one that was once orange
a pink one that was once purple (and was also once a car!0
a green one in the offing