Re: Winter Starting

To: TFoley@gecits.ge.com, owner-mgs@Autox.Team.Net, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Winter Starting
From: MGSMGBGT@aol.com
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 06:39:04 -0500 (EST)
In a message dated 11/17/97 3:46:15 PM, TFoley@gecits.GE.com wrote:

<< Could anyone give me some advice on what I need for
those cold morning starts.

TIA
Tim
1971 B (daily driver)

A warm cup of coffee to use while the car warms up.  Seriously.  Last time I
drove a B in the winter was in my undergraduate years.  My '63 B (which is
the first and last MG I ever sold, if you don't count the 74 I gave my
brother) would start at -20degrees when my room mates SS 396 and 442 would
just grind away.  I'd pull the choke, crank it over 3 times, waid 10 seconds
and it would fire the second time over.  But for the salt, I'd still drive a
B in the winter.

Bob Shaw
57 MGA
65 B roadster