Re: Welders / welding

To: Tyson Sherman <tsherman@tecinfo.com>
Subject: Re: Welders / welding
From: Willy Briones <Wilfredo.Briones@Ebay.Sun.COM>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 1997 09:29:54 -0800 (PST)
I got a $400 welder - arc using innershield wire - and was well - worth it.
Ihad to learn to weld fast - and it turned out to be easy - just keep
the tip to the right heat and read the manual - but went one step higher
for the heat recommendation.   The panels can be handled with ease on this
small welder; even usd it to make a frame for tube shocks - replaced the
levers with tube in the rear of the BugEye.

Did not want to hassle with the MIG for the tanks.

It was from Home Depot - brand is "Miller"  - I notice a lot of similar
types sold at Sears, Wards, Wal-Mart.

I assume I saved a lot by not hiring someone to do the work for me - and
I had to replace the whole floorboard and the door posts, and a few
rusted thru spots in the body.

After an hour or so of playing with it - got a handle - and it was really
easy.

Willy
73 Midget
60 BugEye undergoing reincarnation