RE: Small Part Search

To: <mgguyc100@newedge.net>
Subject: RE: Small Part Search
From: <larry.g.unger@lmco.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 1997 13:05:52 -0500
> Looking for some assistance from the MGA folks.

Hmm ... I guess I that I qualify ... ;^)

> I understand that the turn signal indicator on the A dash was a
> jewelled green glass - identical to the red & blue alternator/high
> beam of the '69/70/71 MGB.

Well ... its not identical, but very similar.

> I'm looking for just the green glass lens. It will become my 'overdrive
> engaged' reminder lamp. ('Member THAT thread!)

Yep ... but I'm not sure that the 'A' green jewel will fit the 'B' lamp, but
I guess that its worth a 'look see' given the price of new 'A' lamp.

> VB catalogue doesn't list such an animal, and I'm just wondering if anyone
> has one they'd care to part with.

Nope ... but check the Moss catalog ... I *ass*u*me that the lamp price
includes the jewel, washer, and bulb, but you had better confirm that ...
and the bits appear in their price list so they should have them.

142-400  LAMP, turn indicator $28.95
151-200    JEWEL, green         3.35
171-000    BULB                  .95
324-745  WASHER, behind jewel    .80

Looking at the Moss 'B' catalog ... how about warning light, fitted to the
GT, for the heated rear window ... was it green or red?

IMHO ... the light makes alot of sense to me ... the Volvo P1800S has one,
and I find it quite useful, but a bit annoying on long runs at night.

Safety Fast! ... larry.g.unger@lmco.com
'61 MGA 1600 MkII
'69 Volvo P1800S  (For Sale)