Re: MGB Dashboard lights

To: arm@unix.infoserve.net
Subject: Re: MGB Dashboard lights
From: mgbob@juno.com (ROBERT G. HOWARD)
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 1997 16:28:25 EST
Hi Ross,
  Would your Zener Diode idea serve to replace that line voltage
stabiliser that's supposed to ensure reliable and accurate reports by the
fuel gauge?
  I ask, because the gauge reads about 3/8 tank low, the stabiliser is
new, and the WS manual says to test for 10v, with special equipment.
Would a Zener Diode provide a constant 10v?
  BTW, I estimated that the life of the 7.5v bulb would be about 1/10 of
the rated-at-7.5v life of 1000 hrs.  How does that compare to your
calculations?
Bob