Brooklands Steering Wheel

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Brooklands Steering Wheel
From: rkegg@juno.com (Randell S Kegg)
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 1997 22:49:20 EST
I have a 1949 MGTC that I just bought. It has a Brooklands wheel on it,
with a black rim,( which supposedly denotes that it is a prewar wheel),
and the chrome is shot. The centerpiece has the MG emblem and is attached
to the hub by 4 large screws.  Moss is advertising a Brooklands wheel for
the TC, but it has a centerpiece that looks somewhat different, with an
MG emblem and three screws holding it on. The rim is a mottled bronze
color, ( supposedly correct for postwar T's).

Does anyone know all about these wheels? Is the different centerpiece on
the Moss wheel correct for a postwar car? Is the Moss wheel faithful to
the design of the original? Is Moss the place to get a new Brooklands
wheel, or is there a better place?
Your help is greatly appreciated........

Randy Kegg
1958 MGA
1949 MGTC
1966 Morris Traveller