Re: Brooklands Steering Wheel

To: "Randell S Kegg" <rkegg@juno.com>
Subject: Re: Brooklands Steering Wheel
From: "John Swanland" <swanland@cato.wesley.vic.edu.au>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 1997 15:15:48 +1100

>I have a 1949 MGTC that I just bought. It has a Brooklands wheel on it,
>with a black rim,( which supposedly denotes that it is a prewar wheel),
>and the chrome is shot. The centerpiece has the MG emblem and is attached
>to the hub by 4 large screws

I think you're right about the colour.  Does you wheel have a Bleumel's
badge on it (on one of the 4 drilled blocks that separate the wires?)  I
have never seen one with 4 large screws.  The ones I have seen have 3 small
(6BA) chrome screws.  I have owned both an original Bleumel's Brooklands
wheel and the Moss Reproduction.  They are very similar although the
reproductions don't appear to carry the Bleumel's name.

hope this helps

John Swanland
Melbourne Australia