V8 Conversion

To: mg list <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: V8 Conversion
From: Rick Huber <102221.1716@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 1997 09:48:20 -0500
Hi gang,

Things are progressing well with the project so far.  I've located a TR8
engine and a TR7 transmission.  Found a late model radiator and I'm
planning to visit Glen Towery Dec 1 to get a radiator adaptor plate, and
check out his conversion business, get his conversion video, and DRIVE one
of his cars.  YIPPEE !  As if I needed any more enthusiasm for this project
!!!

Looking for a MGC rear end.  Anybody know where I can find one ?

I've joined the mgb-v8 list, the v8 newsletter, and contacted several parts
suppliers.  The information really is rolling in - I'm learning fast and
enjoying every minute.  That MG less year and a half in Europe really has
made me appreciate and enjoy this stuff even more.

The 75 is in the carport and coming apart.  I've pretty much decided to
strip it all the way down and paint the engine bay while I'm at it.  As I
take the car apart, I continue to be amazed at the lack of rust - only a
little surface rust in the boot and on the floors.  What a find, right here
in Baton Rouge.

Is it inappropriate to offer parts I don't need here on the list ?  The car
shows 30,000 miles which is possible - it's been sitting since 84.  I have
a dissassembled engine I can sell parts from, a non O/D transmission, 4
rostyle wheels I'm going to trade in for mini lites, a tonneau cover and
top cover that the PO bought new and haven't hardly been used.  They were
dusty, but I cleaned them up yesterday, and they're like new.  Any interest
?  I'll put the parts up for sale on the MG parts web page too.

Thanks to all of you who have sent me replys.  This is so much fun !!!  And
the most enjoyable part is that my 16 year old son is starting to get the
bug and we're working on it together.  Thursday night he had one of his
friends over to see "his" project car, and for the first time he asked to
drive my 'B' and take his friend for a ride.  Never wanted to drive a
standard transmission before - didn't think he could.  He came back really
pumped up about the project car and couldn't believe how well he had done
with the clutch.  Like the Master Card commercial - priceless !

Safety Fast,

Rick Huber
'68 BRG B Daily Driver
'75 Red B V8 Conversion Project