RE: Meatloaf song

To: DANMAS@aol.com, dr-doug@classic.msn.com, macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu
Subject: RE: Meatloaf song
From: "doug russell" <dr-doug@classic.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 97 16:34:53 UT
Dan,

Although I hesitate to answer thusly starting a Frank Zappa like thread, and
do not remember the title, the phrase "paradise by the dashboard lights" was
key to the lyrics of this Meatloaf song.  Obviously the song writer must have
owned a LBC and then purchased an American car with bright dash lights, hence
... "paradise by the dashboard lights".

Any other interpretation such as an intimate encounter (biblically speaking)
with a counter balance of the opposite sex in a car lit only by the dim glow
of the dash lights would be misleading and false!

Hope this clears things up for you.

Dr. Doug