Wheel Alignment

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Wheel Alignment
From: "The Johnson's" <mgpilot2@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 18:24:42 -0700
I need the wisdom of the list to help know what to do--
Both of my front tires were wearing on the outside so I took my 70B in
to have an alignment done .  The shop assured me they could do it.  When
I picked it up they said they had to repack the wheel bearings because
the alignment wouldn't hold.  I didn't understand at the time what wheel
bearings have to do with an alignment holding but I thought maybe there
was something I didn't know(seems to happen a lot to me)..  You guys
(and gals) tell me do the wheel bearings affect the alignment?  Last May
(app. 3,000 miles ago) I redid the front end on this car and the wheel
bearings were packed then, would they need to be done again?
When I got home I was checking things out and notice they had marked up
my knockoffs.  I don't know what they used to take them off but  it
looks like they took a pipe wrench to them.  My knockoff wrench and
hammer were in the trunk but I guess they didn't look there.  I think
they should have to come up with some money for the damage they did to
them.  Does that seem right?  When my husband got home he was not a
happy camper when I told him what they'd done and what it cost ($100.00
- $50.00 for the alignment and $50.00 to repack the bearings).  He
doesn't know why they needed to do the bearings but I said I would ask
you guys before he goes down to talk to the shop.
And yes I've learned my lesson.  I'll do the work myself the next time.

TIA

Kathy Johnson
70B  Mr. Green
79Midget   Colonel Mustard (by the side of the road with a wrench)