Frozen Speedo

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Frozen Speedo
From: "Foley, Tim (CAP, ITS, US)" <TFoley@gecits.ge.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 1997 08:21:26 -0600
My speedometer has been acting up recently.  I suspect because of the
cold temps.  When the car is cold the needle does not move,  As the car
starts to warm up, the needle breaks free, but is erratic and makes a
ticking noise(Maybe the angle drive is shot)  Could I bypass this and
put the cable directly into the Speedo?  The cable is new and
lubricated.

When the car is heated up the Speedo functions normally.  I'm thinking
about disconnecting the whole thing until spring, but it is depressing
to drive at "0 MPH".

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Tim Foley
1971 MGB