Re: Performance suggestions: -Reply

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Performance suggestions: -Reply
From: Matt Kulka <Matt.Kulka@hboc.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 1997 15:51:13 -0500
>>> Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net> 11/26/97 01:41pm >>>
>> ...are there any other
>> modifications I should make to get the best out of the 270 cam and
flat
>> pistons?...
>
>c.) Mallory Dual point (and with SUs) vacuum advance.
>d.) Figure out just how hot a cam you won't and then back off to the
next
>milder version.
>g.) Avoid anything higher than 9.5 to 1 compression.

Regarding d) isn't the 270 the mildest thing you can get above the stock
cam?
And as to g) a few months ago, someone had figured out the equation
between head shave and compression ratio change.  I managed to miss
saving that one.  Anyone remember?

>But a Mallory Dual-Point is the way to go IMHO.

That would be my choice too, but pistons and cam/lifters are looking
like $350, so that took up the spare cash for the good distributor.
What's the next step down?

>> My wife's cat sends greetings.
>I'm glad to hear your old lady's pussy is out and about again.

I never fail to provide you a good straight line, do I?

Matt Kulka
'74 B - A hole in the garage floor that takes money to fill.