Re: Performance suggestions:

To: Mike Hartwig <mhartwig@cbu.edu>, Matt Kulka <Matt.Kulka@hboc.com>,
Subject: Re: Performance suggestions:
From: Skip Kelsey <kelsey@value.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 1997 08:05:08 -0800
Mike:

I have had verygood luck with the Mallory distributor.I have run one on my
69 GT for the last 14 years. I also run a Mallory on my 68 & 70 Volvo.
On a street MGB, I would recommend getting the one with Vacumn advance. It
will give you better hiway gas mileage. I am using the non-vacumn adv.
version,due to it being the only one available at the time. I still get 25
MPG. I would not go to wild on the cam. I prefer a 264 degree version that
I had ground by Elgin Cams. Remember that as you go up on the cam, you also
have to go up on the compression to compenstate for the increased overlap
in the cam.

Cheers:

Skip........http://shadetreemotors.com