sacrifices...

To: MG list <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: sacrifices...
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 1997 10:35:35 -0800 (PST)
I want to share a trick on this subject matter that has worked with two
members of the other gender so far.
In both cases, enthusiasm left something to be desired.  She kind of liked
riding in the Sprite, but didn't understand what all the fuss was about.
UNTIL I let them drive it by themselves.  In both cases I was later told
tales of honking, waving and commenting male drivers!
Things I seldom experience when driving the car myself.  Apparently, a
young lady piloting a rather cute basilica blue roadster (if I may say so
myself) warrants much attention in traffic and this attention has more
impact on the female enthusiasm for the car than I would have imagined.

So, next time the sun is out, fake a technical defect on the woman's mode
of transportation (honey, your trunnion plinth needs to be kingpin reamed
- why don't you drive the MG today...).  She might be a changed woman
afterwards :-)

                                                           '67 Sprite