Re: sacrifices...

To: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Subject: Re: sacrifices...
From: Mike Lishego <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 1997 17:00:07 -0800
I thought this would be an aproprite thread to continue an old one...The SO
vs. The MG.  When I told my fiancee that I had purchased some parts to get my
MG
running that amounted to about $80, she was incensed.  Why, she wondered,
couldn't
you have spent that money on me?  Oddly enough, I didn't want to mention that I
had
spent double for her Christmas present.  She went on to say that I better enjoy
my
car now, since when we were married, WE were going to sell it and buy something
reasonable!  At this point in her tirade, I was searching for the receipt for
her
Christmas present, since it was going back and lowering my credit card bill.
        I have no problem with selling my car for someone IF IT IS NECESARY.
However, it isn't, and neither was her attitude.  So now I guess I'm like the
clutch
when it's pedal goes in - disengaged.  However, I'm proud to say that I stood
up for
what I believe is right.  In this case, the MG wins, and I win too.  If I can't
find
someone who loves my MGB as much as I do, I'll get a cat.
        Speaking of cats, has anyone seen the new Honda commercial where that
cat
climbs on the roof of the Honda and sings?  Good stuff, very enjoyable for us
car/cat
enthusiasts.  But, I digress.  Thanks for listening, and I'm now seeking an
appropriate cat, short haired preferred!

--
Michael S. Lishego
St. Andrews Presbyterian College