Re: J.C. Whitney

To: Benjamin Ruset <bruset@monmouth.com>,
Subject: Re: J.C. Whitney
From: Chris Delling <saschris@flash.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 1997 22:55:57 -0500
A popular perception Ben, and historically correct.  Still is a lot of crap
in this catalog too.  They have buffed up their image a bit in recent
years, however.  They now carry a significant number of name brands.  And
not all of their non-name brad stuff is that bad either.  Case in point:  I
purchased some static three-point belts for the B from them.  They are the
exact same part offered by Moss (manufacturer, model number, etc.)  The
difference - about $20 per belt, or roughly 40%.  My additude is to never
overlook any potential parts source, just to be selective!

Now if I could only get those blue and pink furry dice, and the neon lights
to go under my ground effects . . .

Regards,

Chris Delling
77 MGB