Re: Electric <-> Points

To: DANMAS@aol.com, boballen@sky.net, bruset@monmouth.com
Subject: Re: Electric <-> Points
From: Mike Hartwig <mhartwig@cbu.edu>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 1997 09:22:12 -0600
At 09:23 PM 11/29/97 -0500, DANMAS@aol.com wrote:
>FWIW, I carry the complete "innards" from a spare dizzy in my tool kit. If
>the Crane/Allison ever fails, out it goes and in goes the points, and I'm
>back on the road. Electronics are nice, but the simple reliability of the old
>points is hard to beat!

Reliability!  Hah!  Not on my two MGBs.  I've burned up two sets of points
going from Atlanta back home to Memphis.  It seems that my points gap seems
to change mysteriously.  Is this caused by worn parts?  Is this something I
can
fix, or do I empty my wallet for the new Mallory Dual Point vacuum advance?

Jay