Re: Convertible top question

To: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Subject: Re: Convertible top question
From: Joseph Cianciotti <jmc987@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 97 19:06:40 -0800
>> On 11/29/97 3:50 PM, I wrote:
>>
>> Here's another odd question:  My removable roof curves inward slightly
>> where it meets the trailing edge of the driver's window.  This usually
>> results in a breeze on the back of my neck.  At this time of year it can
>> be a cold and wet one.  The top is snug against the frame and the body on
>> that side.  And I can push and hold it the top against the window.  But
>> that's difficult when driving.  Is there a way to improve the fit of the
>> top?  Thanks in advance for your replies.
>>
>> Joseph
>> 67 Roadster
>
>> Then Paul H wrote:

>> Could the alignment of the side window runners be at fault?
>
>PaulH.

So I now write back:

I don't think so.  There are no gaps at the top of the window, or at the
top and bottoms of the window's trailing edge.  It just seems to curve
inward in the center.  Could it be that the PO (dopey or not) had the
roof stretched over a bad set of sticks?  Other than that, I don't have a
clue on what the cause could be.  BTW, the passenger side fits fine, nice
and snug.  Any other ideas.

Joseph
67 Roadster

P.S.  Thanks for all the switch removal suggestions.  I tried the
screwdriver method and it worked just fine.  I will, however, like the
number of the guy that makes the correct tool for when I eventually redo
the dash.