Re: No LBC content/ was: driving questions / now: ice gets bigger than w

To: root@yeah.indstate.edu
Subject: Re: No LBC content/ was: driving questions / now: ice gets bigger than water
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 1997 16:53:14 -0500 (EST)
In a message dated 97-12-01 16:24:20 EST, root@yeah.indstate.edu writes:

> (Well...mostly.  The statement below:
>
>  > Water expands when heated and contracts when cooled.
>
>  Is true other than for those 4 small degrees between 4 degrees Celsius and
>  0 degrees Celsius, when water contracts when heated and expands when
>  cooled.)

Neil:

I must admit, I didn't know that bit about the temperature range around 4
degrees (but then I'm an electrical, so I can be excused!). I wonder why that
is? Did your friend offer any explaination for that?

> Dan's right!  (*ack!*) :P

Hey, even a clock that doesn't run is right once in a while! (in my case,
continuing the clock analogy, I'm desperately in need of a rewinding!)

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN

'68 MGBGT---organ donor for the '74