Chrysler bailout/ was Re: TR7 - Good or Bad?

To: smrm@coastalnet.com
Subject: Chrysler bailout/ was Re: TR7 - Good or Bad?
From: mgb.roadster@juno.com (Larry A Hoy)
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 1997 09:24:31 -0700
It is my understanding the Chrysler bailout was financed by private
funding guaranteed by the US government.  Much like the FHA and VA
housing loans here in the US.  During the process the US government
received about $350,000,000 from Chrysler for guaranteeing the loans.
All the loans were repaid in 3 years, 7 years early.

Larry Hoy (MGB.Roadster@juno.com)
Denver, CO USA
1969 MGB Roadster
1987 Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas