(NO LBC) Was "RE: TR7 - Good or Bad" now American Technology

To: "'Philip Raby'" <philip.raby@eos-magazine.com>
Subject: (NO LBC) Was "RE: TR7 - Good or Bad" now American Technology
From: DANIEL RAY <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 1997 20:25:14 -0600
Phillip:
        I agree with your assessment of the "arrogant", for the most part...but
=
its something us Americans won't readily admit to. The day-to-day =
technological things you mention are more due to our not-so-beloved =
government (i.e., the FCC on up) than to the fact that we don't, can't =
or won't have them. Digital technology happens to be a specialty with =
smaller American companies here, but Congress, and the Big Corporations, =
well...we may have started the ball rolling with democracy, but we =
certainly haven't perfected it.=20
        To expand your horizons on American motorbikes, check out the Buell =
company, a subsidiary of H-D, at http://www.buell.com. That is, if you =
don't know about them already. I'm no motorcycle freak, but they look =
pretty cool! Problem is, they can't make enough to meet the demand!
        As for cars, my greatest childhood trauma was shivering at 5 A.M. on =
I-95 in N. Carolina in a brand-new '79 Chevy Impala with a cracked block =
due to a failed oil pump...brrrr. I owned a CRX and a BMW, now I own a =
'96 Chevy Tahoe 4x4, (K-5 Blazer to Americans) and its been a joy to =
drive! But I was scared sh**less of owning an American car for quite a =
while.=20
Now I want an LBC, cuz they're fun to drive, I LIKE to get my hands =
dirty, and they're STILL inexpensive as fun sports cars go! (not to =
mention all the nuances of life that they represent) :)

Dan=20
Ft. Knox, KY
and one of these days a nice MGB that needs a good home