Re: Why an MG?

To: philip.raby@eos-magazine.com
Subject: Re: Why an MG?
From: gofastmg@juno.com (Rick Morrison)
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 1997 18:43:32 EST
On Wed, 3 Dec 97 11:57:48 -0000 Philip Raby
<philip.raby@eos-magazine.com> writes:
>>Well, the local contabulary want's  us to drive that slow, but me,
>NAH!
>>I tend to cruise the Interstate's at about 3500-3700 RPM in OD,
>that's
>>about 75-80 MPH.
>
>Gosh, that's slow!  ;-)
Yeah, but when cruising, I like to enjoy the scenery, you know mostly
birds.
now, if I'm DRIVING. the limit is the red line.

>Anyway, hasn't the limit recently been raised in the US to 70mph?

In some areas, yes. But it's still up to the individual states to set the
max on any section.   Example; here near my home town, a new section of
the Interstate was built to replace an older, over crowded stretch, and
to by-pass the now built up area.  The old was two lanes each direction
and a 60 MPH limit.  The new is 4-6 lanes each direction with longer
exit/entrance ramps, etc.  Speed limit? 55MPH.  Go figure
Rick Morrison
72 MGBGT
74 Midget