RE: Computer Dweeb Thread (Winter LBC Topic)

To: Paul.Kile@Aerojet.com (KILE, PAUL D)
Subject: RE: Computer Dweeb Thread (Winter LBC Topic)
From: mmcewen@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca (John McEwen)
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 1997 09:55:50 -0500
Hi fellow listers:

I agree with Paul and I think it's time we gave this a rest.

It is interesting observation on car people.  We love to bench race.  Look
at the fun we've had bashing Triumphs, and now computer systems.  Is it any
different from little kids comparing how tough their fathers are, or how
fast their fathers' car are?  Let's face it, we're all competitive and
carry our affections for *our* things very close to the surface.

My car is faster than your car.  My computer is (pick one) quicker,
simpler, prettier, more fun, smarter....

I am just as competitive as the next person and eager to point out someone
elses *error*  I suppose that's what comes out of a lifetime spent as a
teacher.  In any event I suggest we all get back to MGs.  Yes, A.B., I
agree with you - although it's still fun disagreeing with others.  That's
human nature.

My MG has gold wire wheels.  My car is painted very bright red.  I like
this because all really fast cars are red with gold wheels.  People who
drive red cars with gold wheels are exciting.   Silver wheels are boring.
Green cars are boring.  People who drive green cars must be boring.  People
who drive green cars with silver wheels are really boring.  -: