Re: RE: why MG?

To: pvanner@pclink.com, owner-mgs@Autox.Team.Net, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: RE: why MG?
From: MGSMGBGT <MGSMGBGT@aol.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 1997 10:00:38 EST
In a message dated 12/3/97 7:06:04 PM, pvanner@pclink.com wrote:

<<Why an MG? Because I always wanted one, and it's one of those rare things
where the having lives up to the wanting.

I have MGs because they are simple, honest and, when properly prepared, fast
dependable good handling cars.  I've owned several other marques, from P*rsch*
on down, and when push came to shove, nothing would do what my MGs would do
any better.  They are easy to work on and hence to maintain.  And if they do
break down (and sooner or later every mechanical device will) in the
hinterlands, the needed part may frequently be found at the local farm
implement store.

I own MGs because I choose to.  I like them, drive them, and don't care a whit
about their value or lack of the same.  I can only hope that all who own or
drive a particular marque do so for similar reasons.

Bob Shaw
57 MGA, 65 MGB w/ factory hard top, 74 BGT chrome bumper.
Lincoln, NE.