[Fwd: "73 M.G."]

To: MG List <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: [Fwd: "73 M.G."]
From: Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 1997 12:44:38 -0600
--------------165298E4397F085E22AF4D34

Anyone have any ideas here?

These folks are members of the local MG club but are not members of this
list. If you have any ideas make sure they are included in the to/cc
lines.

How can the throttle cable failure contribute to the carbs now not
getting fuel? He says there is fuel to the carbs. So how would it run
only when filling the carb bowls?

I would suggest making sure all the vaccuum fittings to the log manifold
are still connected and nothing got broken when the cable went away. A
big air leak may cause the mixture to be way too lean to run without
drenching the intake with gas.

Make sure the timing is still right one.

I would also double check that the fuel pump is delivering fuel.

Bob Allen, Kansas City, 69CGT, 75TR6, 60Elva
--------------165298E4397F085E22AF4D34