A Christmas story - (on topic, sort of)

To: MG List <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: A Christmas story - (on topic, sort of)
From: Bill Harkins <bharkins@tfb.com>
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 1997 11:48:09 -0800
        The Reverend's wife tells about her day:
        "The other day I went to the local religious bookstore where I
saw
the sign "HONK IF YOU LOVE JESUS" bumper sticker. I bought it and put it
on
the back bumper of my MGB-GT, and I'm really glad I did . What an
uplifting
experience followed!
        I was stopped at the light of a busy intersection, just lost in
thought about the Lord, and didn't notice that the light had changed.
The
bumper sticker really worked! I found lot's of people who love Jesus.
Why,
the guy behind me started to honk like crazy. He must really love the
Lord,
because pretty soon he leaned out his window and yelled, "JESUS CHRIST"
as
loud as he could. It was like a football game, with him shouting, "GO,
JESUS CHRIST, GO!" Everyone started honking too, I leaned out my window
and
waved and smiled to all those loving people. There must have been a guy
from Florida back there because I could hear him yelling something about

"sunny beach", and I saw him waving in a funny way with only his middle
finger stuck up in the air. I had recently asked my two kids what that
had
meant. They kind of squirmed, giggled and told me that it was a Hawaiian

good luck sign. So leaned out of the window and gave him the good luck
sign
back.
        A couple of people were so caught up in the joy of the moment
that
they got out of their cars and were walking towards me. I bet they
wanted
to pray, but just then I noticed that the light had changed, and I
stepped
on the gas. It's a good thing I did , because I was the only car to get
across the intersection. I looked back at them standing there, leaned
out
the window, gave them a big smile, and held up the Hawaiian good luck
sign
as I drove away.