Re: Backfiring

To: tom@lakemurray.com
Subject: Re: Backfiring
From: bugide@juno.com (Larry Dickstein)
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 1997 09:57:49 EST
 My guess is that you already have too much air in the form of a vacuum
leak.  Get some aerosol carb cleaner (w/ a little tube) and squirt it
various places where the carbs attach to the intake manifold, and where
the manifold attaches to the head.  Make sure the vacuum hoses are
secure.  Same test.   Let the engine idle while you do this.  Depending
on what your are spraying, the engine will either speed up or slow down
when the stuff is ingested.

Larry Dickstein
bugide@juno.com

There is no problem that cannot be solved
with either a checkbook or high explosives.

On Tue, 9 Dec 1997 08:48:45 -0500 "Tom Reichard" <tom@lakemurray.com>
writes:
>My recently-acquired '77 Midget has a backfiring problem when the
>accelerator is released suddenly and the engine is winding down

 Might it, by supplying nice fresh O2 to