RE: Backfiring

To: "REICHLE, CHRISTOPHER" <CREICHLE@nsc.msmail.miami.edu>
Subject: RE: Backfiring
From: Der schwarze Buccaneer <js-allen@students.uiuc.edu>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 1997 01:14:59 -0600 (CST)
On Tue, 9 Dec 1997, REICHLE, CHRISTOPHER wrote:

> Get a compression tester and test your cylinders. This can tell you if you
> have a compression problem. A common cause of backfire would be a burnt
> exhaust valve which leaks raw fuel/air into the exhaust on the compression
> stroke. A compression test will show a problem and a vacuum test can confirm
> a valve problem.

        This is very good advice.  My 'B was running like a blind,
artritic two-legged dog 'til I replaced a burnt exhaust valve, detected
with a cheap, simple compression tester, based on advice gathered from
this list.

                                                -Scott Allen
                                                js-allen@students.uiuc.edu

        "At dawn we will face the greatest test of our resolve.  But I
say this: though starving, hunger will not weaken us; though diseased,
illness will not cripple us, and though weary, exhaustion will not claim
us.  We can fight knowing that all true Reiklanders will forevermore
honour our valiant gesture of defiance, even though our bodies be left to
feed the beasts of carrion.

        Mind you...we could always surrender."  -Rick Priestly's Siege