MG-TC questions

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: MG-TC questions
From: karim.marouf@cancom.com
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 1997 14:47:53 -0800
My dad and I are considering buying a TC together=2E He has a
TD but isn't very familiar with MGs, and I only know MGBs=2E
I'm going to be looking at one this weekend and would like
some tips on what to look for=2E

How can you check the condition of the wood, esp=2E in areas
that aren't accesible=2E

What areas commonly rust?

The car supposedly still has its factory paint=2E If I don't
see any obvious signs that it's been resprayed (like overspray
or other colors showing underneath), are there subtle things
to look for? Were the bottoms of the fenders and the engine
compartment painted body color?

We really want a very original car, so please give me some
advice in this area, such as part and serial numbers and how to
tell if it has any replacement fenders or other body panels=2E

I plan on re-reading Claussenger's (spelling?) book the T-series before I=20
go; is
there a better book that I don't know of?

What is a decent, original TC worth--one that needs only minor work?
What are top-condition cars going for? I see them advertised at just under
20K; are they actually selling for that?

Karim
'67 B-GT
'67 GT6
Karim Marouf