Re: MG-TC questions

Subject: Re: MG-TC questions
From: "Dave Ahrendt" <ahrendt@agfa.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 1997 10:47:52 -0500
> Were the bottoms of the fenders and the engine
> compartment painted body color?
> Do you mean the underside of the fenders? They were all body color as well
as
> the bulkhead under the hood on later cars. I have heard where the early
45-46
> TCs bulkhead had a different color, but I can't recall what it was.

Hi,

Early TC's - '45, '46, and I think most of '47 had a ghastly green
firewall.  At least people in North America think so.  When I
repainted my '46 I found evidence of this green paint under the
firewall bolts so I assume this is true.  The Australians and
New Zealanders seem to paint the firewall a very light grey
color which is much more attractive.  They also paint the engine
a different color - a lightish green.  Over here the engines
seem to get painted the same as the firewall; at least on
early cars.  I have no idea why cars in Oz or NZ would be
different from what we see over here.

Later cars had the firewall painted the same as the body and
the engine was a fairly dark red.

I elected to reproduce the green color since that is what is
expected here in the U.S. and I would probably get tired of hearing
that I had the wrong color at every GOF.

Dave