Re: mgb colour

To: J-P ROQUIER <leofric@AfricaOnline.co.ke>
Subject: Re: mgb colour
From: jello@dns.ida.net (Phil Bates)
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 1997 00:38:12 -0700
The proper color name for 1964 MGB's in red is Tartan Red.

I can't give you anything on the formula, but I can give you the color code

I robbed this from The Original MGB

BMC Code        Ault & Wiborg/   ICI     PPG/Ditzler    Dupont  Glasso/
                Berger/Gipgloss                                 Rinshed/Mason
RD.9            20817, 32046    3770    71062, 71416    8204    8534R

>Hi,
>I am restauring a friend's '64 MGB and he wants it red. Does anybody
>have the original data on colours? I would need the name and formula if
>possible to have it mixed here.
>Thank you in advance.
>Jean-Pierre Roquier Nairobi Kenya East Africa
>'58 Austin-Nash Metropolitan on the road
>'61 Austin Champ on the road
>'60 Austin-Healey Frogeye (Bugeye?) restoration almost finished
>'64 Rover 3 litre awaiting restoration
>'64 Rover 3 litre parts car
>'78 Citroen 2CV
>'78 Citroen FAF (Facile a Fabriquer)