Re: MG trip to England (more off-topic by the hour)

To: Littlesuzn <Littlesuzn@aol.com>
Subject: Re: MG trip to England (more off-topic by the hour)
From: Paul Hunt <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 1997 19:59:53 +0000
Littlesuzn wrote:

> In a message dated 97-12-11 06:04:18 EST, mgworld@chp.ltd.uk writes:
>
> << Sorry, to us anyone from the States is a Yank. Just like you call us
>  Brits and Limeys. >>
>
> But that's only to your face........ behind your back, we're not as
> charitable.
> Remember Gallipoli !!!!!!!!!!!
>
> "Midget" Susan
> (insulting the world, one person at a time)

If you mean the British Generals that wasn't xenophobia but
incompetence.  They did it to all nationalities everywhere.

There is a classic amongst classics in TV comedy about life in the First
World War trenches called "Blackadder Goes Forth".  It contains many
telling scenes.  One is when reports of many tens of thousands of
casualties for no gain come in.  Blackadder comments "Just so as the
General can move his drinks cabinet one foot closer to Paris.  On
another occasion they are looking down at a small relief map of the
advance.  The General asks "What scale is it?"  Blackadder replies
"Life-size".

PaulH.