Re: MGF? No, merci

To: Donald Scott <scottdon@napanet.net>
Subject: Re: MGF? No, merci
From: Graham McCann <gmccann@pcug.org.au>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 1997 08:34:42 +1100
At 07:23 pm 12/12/97 -0800, Donald Scott wrote:
>Comments from Mike:
>
>>I just returned from a week-long visit in Paris.  I had a great time and
>>everything, including the weather, was wonderful.  I made an effort to rent
>an MGF for a couple of days while in France, but to no avail.  I did,
>however, manage to inspect one that was parked on the street.  I must
>confess, when I first saw the MGF, I did not like
>>it.  I thought it looked too much like every other new sports car.  This
>>particular car was BRG, LHD, and gorgeous.  It was parked next to a
>>little Italian restaurant just off of the Champs-Elysees.  Now I really
>>wish that they were for sale in the US.
>>

>I've never seen an MGF in the flesh, only in magazine photos.  The Mazda
>Miata seems more like the proper evolutionary successor to the MGB in both
>looks and concept.  The MGF with its ungainly appearance mid-engine seems
>more like an updated Fiat 850 or something.
>
>I have driven MGB's for 25 years, and still own one.  Last year I bought a
>'91 Miata and it is a fine automobile.  Too bad the British couldn't have
>built it.
>
>Don Scott

Don,

How about seeking some informed opinion or, dare I say it, actually see or
experience the MGF before firing off such nonsense.

Needless to say we have the MX5 (Miata to you) and the MGF here and I can
assure you I know which has seen the approval of the non "hairdresser"
section of the car market and it's not the Jap car!

I think Rover are right not to market the MGF in the US, some of you don't
deserve it.

Graham
97 MGF

Graham McCann  Rivett, ACT. Australia