Re: MGB Winterizing and Covers

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: MGB Winterizing and Covers
From: Chuck Schaefer <crschaef@mc.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 1997 11:21:09 -0600
Dan,

Ive been storing my MGA for the past few years in northern Illinois in a
airport hangar. I fill up the gas tank, and add Sta-Bil, a gas additive.
I make sure that the fluids are good and topped off. Cover it with a
cotton car cover and remove the battery. 5 months later, I uncover it,
install the battery, check the tire pressures and start it right up!

I add Sta-Bil to the lawnmower and snow blower too whenever they are
stored. Never a problem when i go to start them.It keeps the gas from
varnishing up.

Only one problem this last Spring, When I went to start the MGA, it ran
kind of rough and wouldn't idle well. When I revved up the engine,
peanuts popped out of the exhaust pipe. Then everything ran fine. The
mice must have found a storage for their winter cravings. Cover the
exhaust pipe to prevent this from happening to your car.

Chuck Schaefer