Re: MGF? No, merci, Compromise...bah humbug

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: MGF? No, merci, Compromise...bah humbug
From: mil76@juno.com (John I Miller)
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 1997 17:50:39 -0800
On Sun, 14 Dec 1997 10:30:30 -0500 (EST) Art Pfenninger
<ch155@FreeNet.Buffalo.EDU> writes:
>       About 3 years ago there was a car on the cover of Road and Track
>that looked enough like a Viper that not knowing it wasn't one you would
>swear that it was. The article said the projected cost was $14,000 and
>would be on the market in two years. Guess who made it...Hyundai. I
don't
>know what ever happened to the car. It wasn't suppose to be a concept
car
>but I guess they never produced it. Too bad.

        The car you speak about is being produced.  It's now called the
Hyundai Tiburon.  Unfortunately, by the time Hyundai finished translating
the concept car into production, it lost all of the appeal of the concept
car and now looks like any of the other cars in the segment.  I was
sickened the first time I saw one of the freeway, knowing what could have
been.

John Miller
76 B
95 Nissan Pathfinder