Re: The Encyclopedia of Classic Cars - Pantera?

To: bruset@monmouth.com (Benjamin Ruset)
Subject: Re: The Encyclopedia of Classic Cars - Pantera?
From: hert@worldaccess.nl
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 97 15:56:46 GMT
> Peter,
>
> Does this include the Pantera? I've always wondered how well these sold in
> Europe.
>
> Now, _there's_ a Ford.
> BEN RUSET - mailto:bruset@monmouth.com

I'm a bit confused!?
a) If the Pantera is a Ford, I don't know the model (perhaps a nice
illustration of my own point
that US cars are not common here in Europe)
b) you probably don't mean the brand Pantera, that one had a six wheeler
convertible without
hard or soft top. Come to think of it, that was a Panther..
c) you might mean the De Tomaso Pantera, an Italian car. Did that have Ford
mechanicals? I
thought there was a V12 in it, but it could be a Ford V8.  I'll look it up when
I get home. For the
type of car it sold quite well, but you could never be sure because there we're
a lot of kit cars
based on a Beetle around. There's a genuine one around the corner from where I
live. Most
must be scrapped because you hardly ever see them offered for sale.

Cheers,

Peter