Re: The Encyclopedia of Classic Cars - Pantera?

To: hert@worldaccess.nl
Subject: Re: The Encyclopedia of Classic Cars - Pantera?
From: Benjamin Ruset <bruset@monmouth.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 1997 11:37:57 -0500
>I'm a bit confused!?
>a) If the Pantera is a Ford, I don't know the model (perhaps a nice
illustration of my own point
>that US cars are not common here in Europe)

Ford imported them. I believe they were sold as fords.

>b) you probably don't mean the brand Pantera, that one had a six wheeler
convertible without
>hard or soft top. Come to think of it, that was a Panther..
>c) you might mean the De Tomaso Pantera, an Italian car. Did that have
Ford mechanicals? I
>thought there was a V12 in it, but it could be a Ford V8.  I'll look it up
when I get home. For the
>type of car it sold quite well, but you could never be sure because there
we're a lot of kit cars
>based on a Beetle around. There's a genuine one around the corner from
where I live. Most
>must be scrapped because you hardly ever see them offered for sale.

It was a Ford Cleveland 351 v8. Very nice looking car. Very expensive car.

I was looking at one when I was trying to get out from under my Jaguar.
Asking price of the car I was drooling over - $30k.

They had rust problems like you wouldn't believe, so most of them are just
a pile of red oxidized dust now. =(

BEN RUSET - mailto:bruset@monmouth.com

See, think, and judge for yourself;
Do not let society do these things for you.
Safety Fast! - http://www.infi-pos.com/~oasis
Crossroads   - http://www.monmouth.com/~bruset