Re: Dying Webber

To: "REICHLE, CHRISTOPHER" <CREICHLE@nsc.msmail.miami.edu>
Subject: Re: Dying Webber
From: Mike Lishego <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 1997 19:15:58 -0800
> My '77 rdstr has a downdraft Weber.
> At a stop, it may idle straight down to zero and stall, or it may hang
> on to an idle for a short while before nose diving.
> I've fiddled with mixture, although not too expertly, and have the idle
> screw turned way up, to no avail.
> This phenomenon can be more pronounced when cold.
> I need help - anybody have any ideas??

OK, I tried to move my car today, and he ran like an ass.  I still don't think
my
weber is adjusted right.  The car had no balls to move, and I had to run the
revs up
high and ride the clutch in first to keep it from stalling.  I only had the car
running for a few minutes, but the temperature was very hot...Of course, I
haven't put
in my new water pump yet.  However, could the carb be too lean?  Could it be
because
of the cold ambient temperature?  Once I fix the brakes, I'll be able to test
the car
a little better, but is there any advice until then?

Just a reminder: Dec. 22, IRC channel #MG, 7:30pm...
--
Michael S. Lishego
St. Andrews Presbyterian College