Re: MGB Choke bracket?

To: tboicey@brit.ca
Subject: Re: MGB Choke bracket?
From: gofastmg@juno.com (Rick Morrison)
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 1997 18:22:20 EST
Trevor,
 The bracket your describe sounds like the one on several earlier B's Ive
seen.
 Question,  are the two holes threaded? If so, it should fit right behind
(repeat, behind) the front carb throat flange.  The two bolts that hold
the air cleaner in place pass through the carb flange and screw into the
bracket thus holding both bracket and air cleaner in place.
 Yea, you're right it is a real bear trying to fiddle the bracket in
place, hold the air cleaner and line the bolts up to get them started. We
won't even talk about the minimal working room between the carbs while
you're trying to do all that.
Hope this helps
Rick Morrison
72 MGBGT