Re: What's in a name.....

To: mgbob@juno.com (ROBERT G. HOWARD)
Subject: Re: What's in a name.....
From: mmcewen@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca (John McEwen)
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 1997 22:55:36 -0500
Hi Bob:

The most famous Fairey of them all was the Fairey Swordfish, one of which
was instrumental in sinking the Bismarck with its torpedo.  In addition,
the following Fairey aircraft were built:
Albacore, Barracuda, Battle, Campania, Firefly, Flycatcher, Fox, Fulmar,
Gordon, Gannet and Seafox.

Now if you want some very interesting names try these names which were
found on LBTs, LBBs and BMVs (Large British Trucks, Buses and Military
Vehicles).  The company name appears first.

AEC - Mammoth (Major and Minor), Mandator, Marshall, Mercury, Monarch,
Ranger, Regal, Reliance, Swift

ATKINSON - Gold Knight, Black Knight, Silver Knight

BMC - Laird, Boxer, Mastiff

GUY - Arab, Warrior

LEYLAND - Beaver, Super Beaver, Hippo, Super Hippo, Octopus, Lynx, Bison,
Comet, Atlantean, Leopard, Panther

SCAMMELL - Contractor, Routeman, Handyman, Trunker, Himalayan, Mountaineer,
Sherpa, Townsman, Scarab, Crusader

I think Super Hippo beautifully describes a certain sixties car noted for
its feline persuasion.

John McEwen