Re: another problem and story :P

To: bwylie@hiwaay.net
Subject: Re: another problem and story :P
From: gofastmg@juno.com (Rick Morrison)
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 1997 23:55:40 EST
On Wed, 17 Dec 1997 20:48:35 -0600 (CST) Blake Wylie <bwylie@hiwaay.net>
writes:
SNIP
>Now...I've got another problem for you listers out there.  :P
>My oil cooler is leaking oil from around the bottom of it.  It's not
>gushing
>out, but it's noticeable, and I think that it is getting steadily
>worse.
>What do I need to do?  Is there some seal under there that might need
>to be
>replaced?  If so, how hard would that job be?  Any info, tips, or
>experiences are much appreciated.  :)
Just got through going through the same problem.
  Removed the oil radiator and took it to a couple of radiator shops, and
the bottom line was they couldn't repair it without cutting off part of
the air flow through the area of the repair. Plus it would cost about 2/3
of the cost of a new one.
 Best solution, is spring for a new oil cooler (radiator). Special
Interest gave me the best price on it, about $85.00 (if my OF memory
still functions)
DON'T try any sealers! Remember you're dealing with the life blood of
your engine (the oil). Anything you add to ''stop leaks'' will probably
start clogging up other small holes throughout the oiling system, places
like rockers, small passages, oil filters ETC.

Rick Morrison
72 MGBGT
74 Midget

SNIP