Re: Name this part

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Name this part
From: Chris Nevard <spridgeteer@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 1997 00:22:54 -0800 (PST)
--Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca> wrote:

> Found in the boot of my MGB.
>
>   It's a white plastic disc about the size of a coaster.
>
>   It says "Smiths" on it and has a wire or two coming out
> of the edges.
>
> --
> Trevor Boicey
> Ottawa, Canada
> tboicey@brit.ca
> http://www.brit.ca/~tboicey/

These are quite rare . .
The item here was very popular here in the UK back in the '70. They
were supplied to public houses free with the 'John Smiths' beer
delivery. When plugged into a 12V power supply the 'coaster' would
cool down thus creating a cold base to stand your pint of 'John
Smiths' on  - keeping it refreshingly cool on those hot summer days.
They went out of fashion because publicans had difficuly in rigging up
a 12V supply throughout the pub.  ;-)   - sorry I couldn't resist this
one.

Seriously though could it be the innerds of a tacho or speedo?
==
Chris Nevard

"An extrovert computer programmer? One who talks while staring at YOUR shoes."

<http://www.mgcars.org/cambs.mgoc/images2/chris.jpg>
Work <nevardc@sky4.bskyb.com> Other <spridgeteer@yahoo.com>