Re: The Ugly Wedgling: Will it be a Swan. The saga

To: mmcewen@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca
Subject: Re: The Ugly Wedgling: Will it be a Swan. The saga
From: miker15@juno.com
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 1997 15:21:47 EST
On Sat, 20 Dec 1997 16:35:33 -0500 mmcewen@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca (John
McEwen) writes:
>Hello Fellow Listers:
>
>For those of you have haven't been following my ravings, I have
>purchased a
>TR7 in order to assess whether our natural MG superiority is
>misplaced,
>particularly when viewing the pitiful owners of Triumph automobiles -
>and
>TR7s in particular.
Many snips.............

>While out with the UW today, I found an Austin 1800 for sale.  The car
>is
>very solid and complete but has had an incredibly ugly sunroof
>installed in
>it - made from a large trailer window.  Yuck.  The engine/transmission
>has
>been changed with the new setup being a standard versus the original
>automatic.  However the automatic shifter is still present in the
>dashboard.  The owner explained that the engine was changed after his
>wife
>hit a large rock which broke the pan and lower engine casting.  He is
>asking $700 Cdn. and the car comes complete with a parts car.  I
>suspect
>I'll be able to buy it for about $250.  Anyone in love with the old
>LandCrab?
>
>John McEwen

I am thorougly enjoying Johns' experiences with this beast  - it makes
for an entertaining read.......but...........am i alone in thinking that
we
may be losing him to the "T-Side"?? Is he enjoying this car just a bit
TOO much.....?,.... hehe
What may be more concerning is that i can see this Austin is just
a hair away from being parked next to the TR7 in his drive!!!!!

mike robson
69 roadster
70 BGT
72 roadster