New Reader

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: New Reader
From: Tracer245 <Tracer245@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 1997 23:22:23 EST
Hi folks--Just recently found you guys and thought I would let you know about
my project. I am restoring a 1977 MGB. It started out as a basic simple clean
and repair a few problems but the more I repaired the more problems I found.
The car is currently completely stripped to just the shell and waiting for a
paint job. Then the fun will begin. I always enjoy putting together much more
than taking apart. This is about the 5th British car I have restored but most
of the others were done when I was younger. I am almost 50 now and now that I
can afford to properly restore a car I have less inclination to crawl under
one!!! I long for the days when I had a bunch of guys in my garage drinking
beer till 3:00 AM trying to figure out how we could five finger discount a set
of SU carbs or a starter motor. At any rate I am looking forward to getting to
know some of you and discussing MG problems. There is a never ending number of
them.

At the present time I am in need of a fuel pump with the proper connectors --I
believe they are called Banjo connectors. The previous owner installed an
after market pump and removed the original connectors. Also need a good
straight deck lid and passenger side door glass. Will also eventually need new
windshield and wiring harness. Has anyone had any experience in repairing
those tears that happen in the door skins just in front of the rearview
mirrors?

Well I guess that is enough questions to get me started with you guys. Oh
yeah, my name is Dave and I live in Chattanooga TN.  Merry Christmas everyone.
Hope Santa brings you all kinds of new MG toys!!!!!!!