Re: <MGB> Fuel Pump Woes

To: "Jeff N. Cantwell" <cantwell@cei.net>
Subject: Re: <MGB> Fuel Pump Woes
From: Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 1997 14:07:36 -0600
Jeff N. Cantwell wrote:

> My son's school teacher is burning out about 4-5 pumps a year in her
> MGB,
> some after only days.  Any suggestions?

Buy a new gas tank.

There is a fine mesh screen at the end of the pickup tube. That can get
filled with gunk over time and heat up the pump trying to draw through
it.

As a stop-gap, blow compressed air into the tank from the fuel pump
inlet. Make sure you only have 1/4 tank of less, the cap is off, and
there is a fire extinguisher standing by.

Always run a good fuel filter between the tank and the pump.

What kind of fuel pump, anyway? Stock S.U. pump or after market can?

Bob Allen, Kansas City, 69CGT, 75TR6, 60Elva