Delco Alternators

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Delco Alternators
From: "Don Toy" <dontoy@kiski.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 1997 14:23:41 -0500
Hello Listers,
Feeling all full (fool) of myself and tooling into school on December 22nd
in PA the lord of Darkness struck. Lights dimmed, engine died, and starter
wouldn't kick. I pushed it into the nearest parking place and then had it
towed home. I suspected the alternator since the idiot light had been
flickering dimly for the last few times out. A bench test confirmed my
diagnosis. I remember some talk awhile back about a Delco that some of you
were using. Does anyone have a part number? The boys at Advance and at the
Alt. shops I've called all want to rebuild my unit for over $100.00.
Advance showed the Delco on the screen but they needed to call in a special
order. When they did they said it wasn't available. The Delco sounds more
dependable and cost effective. Any answers?
Don Toy
"All great men are dead and I'm not feeling too well".-Marty Margherio
1980MGB not alternating
1954MGTF Comfortably tucked away, resting.