Re: MGA superiority

To: "John McEwen" <mmcewen@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca>,
Subject: Re: MGA superiority
From: "Mike Gigante" <mikeg@vicnet.net.au>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 1997 12:30:14 +1100
I had to disagree here, but I would think the bearings are only a very
minor contributor to an engine's willingness to rev.

I'd say that the main factor (90% or more!) would be the ability of
the engine to efficiently pump fuel/air mixture into the combustion
chamber. If the ports are small, poorly shaped, small valves, restrictive
inlet/exhaust, short cam duraction etc, then the engine will not get
enough stuff to bang as the revs increase.

On the other hand, good ports, big valves, good exhaust/inlet, suitable cam
etc. will ensure that the engine will get enough bang stuff without losing
it
all through pumping losses.

Mike

Mike Gigante                                       mikeg@vicnet.net.au