Re: Sources for MGB Nuts and Bolts

To: mgs4dave@warwick.net
Subject: Re: Sources for MGB Nuts and Bolts
From: gofastmg@juno.com (Rick Morrison)
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 1997 16:45:33 EST
Dave,
The vast majority of the bolts, nuts and other fasteners on our cars can
be found at any decently supplied hardware store, as they are "standard"
sizes. Ie. 1/4 -28 is a SAE fine.
  Personally, I get most of what I need at the Lowes' near my house.
They also have a  selection of Grade 8 hardware, and I'll only use Grade
8 on critical components.  For all else, Grade 5 or above is OK.  I don't
use ungraded fasteners. Period.
Rick Morrison
72 MGBGT
74 Midget