Re: TD Oil Drain Plug

To: Steven Tritle <stritle@epix.net>, Barney Gaylord <barneymg@juno.com>
Subject: Re: TD Oil Drain Plug
From: Leckstein <bleckstein@mail.monmouth.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 1997 12:42:11 -0500
At 06:46 PM 12/30/97 -0500, Steven Tritle wrote:
>I had the same problem. I bought a new plug and used a vise grip to
>remove the old one. A new plug is only a "coupla-bucks".
>
>Steve
>52 TD

Steve is  right. We have all been there. If your vise grips slips, get a
bigger one and lock it on real tight. Put a wide pipe on the grip for more
leverage and turn. Don't drill or use heat. The chissel is better than that
method.You are turning it counterclockwise looking up at the plug?

Mike

Mike